The 9825

The Student News Site of The Emery/Weiner School

The 9825

The 9825

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Game Of Thrones Final Season: Winter is Here

The final season of “Game of Thrones” is almost here, releasing on April 14. Long time fans have heavily anticipated the final season for years. The past seven seasons have all led up to what they hope will be a climactic endgame.

What draws fans – new and old – to the show are the high production values and well developed characters. “The politics of the show and the budget are really impressive and immersive,” Junior Ethan Spiegel said. Not only has the high production value brought attention to “Game of Thrones”, but the well written characters are a highlight as well.  

“Game of Thrones” includes multiple characters filtered into factions and their own separate stories accumulate into the final confrontation. These complex storylines include characters becoming separated, only for fans to anticipate their reunion. The isolation of characters allow the audience to see different angles of the characters, making them more grounded. “The characters, and motivations, feel real and grounded,” Junior Vincent Lopez remarked. “Game of Thrones” also incorporates minor physical changes in the characters showing their mental development in their physical appearance. For example, blonde haired characters steadily become darker, representing that they are going against their roots. Over the course of seven seasons, a young tomboyish girl transforms into a ruthless assassin, killing her enemies with one swing.

The impact “Game of Thrones” has had on television is apparent in the show’s accomplishments. “Game of Thrones” has been nominated for 147 Emmys, winning 47 of them. The budget has increased drastically from $6 million to around $8 million, setting new standards for successful television shows’ budgets. The sixth season budget alone was over $10 million per episode, for a total of 100 million dollars. Furthermore, the trailer for “Game of Thrones” season eight has accumulated 50 million views in under a week. Due to the high production value and mature themes, Game of Thrones has become a cultural phenomenon.

The Final Season of “Game of Thrones” will premiere on April 14, with a run time of an hour and 30 minutes per episode, with six episodes total.